Unable to Login to Great Plains after Windows Update (May 2018)
Date Posted: 05/15/2018
We have received reports that some users are unable to fully connect to Great Plains over Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP).
Affected users receive an authentication error after typing in a valid password. This issue may occur after the computer completes a Windows Update cycle.
There is an easy workaround/fix for this issue. We are also engaged with Finance and their teams to implement a permanent fix.
Using the instruction below, Information Technology Staff can assist their users by making a change on the local computer.
Note: This change requires Workstation Administration Account. IT will complete this step before engaging GPAssist if the error message and symptom is the same as below.
- Run Regedit as Administrator
- Locate the Following Key Set
- Add CredSSP key under System
- Add Parameters key under CredSSP
- Under Parameters add new DWORD AllowEncryptionOracle and set the value to 2, base hexadecimal
- Close the Registry Editor
- Have the user try to log on the Great Plains again.