Outlook – Setup Email on Apple, Android and Windows Mobile Devices
Setup Work Email using Exchange
To setup your Outlook Email on mobile devices such as Apple iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows Mobile devices, perform the following:
We HIGHLY recommend setting up your mobile device as “Exchange” not just the Outlook app as it is most similar to IBM Traveler. Setting email up as Exchange will also place your Contacts and Calendar in the native apps on your device. If you do not, all of your contacts and their phone numbers will only be in the Outlook App.
Note: You must remove the IBM Notes Traveler Profile First if it is installed. View instructions here
- Select Settings.
- Select Accounts & Passwords (or Mail on some devices)
- Select Add Account
- Select Exchange (or Microsoft Exchange Activesync)
- Enter your Full Email Address
- Tap Description, it will automatically enter “Exchange”. This will help you distinguish this mailbox from others on your device.
- Select Next and then choose Sign In
- If the phone asks for a server both incoming and outgoing are: outlook.office365.com
- If the phone asks for a username you may enter SAUSS\Firstname.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter your Active Directory Username and Password
- Confirm that you want to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars & Tasks
- Select Save
- Press the Home Button to get back to the Home (Main) screen.
- Locate the “Mail” or “Email” app.
- Within a few minutes, your Mail, Contacts, Calendars & Tasks will be synced to your device.
Note: You will be prompted to update your password on your phone when you are required to change it on the domain.