Outlook – Mac – Out of Office
When turned on, the Out of Office feature utilizes the Microsoft Exchange Server to automatically reply to designated incoming emails. To turn the Out of Office feature on, perform the following:
- Select Mail on the bottom left corner of the navigation pane.
- On the Tools tab, select Out of Office.
- When the Autoreply Settings window populates, perform the following:
- Select the Send automatic replies from account “X” box.
Your email address will populate where the X is located in the example.
- Enter your desired automatic email response in the Reply once to each sender with field.
- To send automatic email responses during a specific time period, select the Only send replies during this time periodbox and update the corresponding calendars.
By selecting the Only send replies during this time period box, the Out of Office feature will turn off automatically after the designated end date.
- To send automatic email responses to addresses outside your organization, select the Also send replies to senders outside my organization box.
- Select the Send to all external senders radio button.
- Enter your desired automatic email respnse in the Reply once to each sender with field.
- Select OK.