Install IBM ICAA on Microsoft Windows
Follow these steps to install IBM® Client Application Access (ICAA) on Microsoft Windows if the installation isn’t done for you.
Before you begin
- Read the topic Dual client installation scenarios.
- If Notes is already installed and you want to uninstall it and migrate the data to ICAA, see Migrating Notes data to IBM Client Application Access on Windows.
About this task
- If you are an IBM SmartCloud® Notes user and have an earlier version of ICAA installed, the Auto Update Service upgrades ICAA for you and you can skip this procedure. For more information about the Auto Update Service, see Upgrading with the Auto Update Service on Windows (cloud users).
- The installation requires administrator account access to your computer.
May require administrator access.
- Both IBM Notes and ICAA can be installed at the same time, but cannot run at the same time.
- Launch IBM Client Application Access and sign in as usual
- By default, the ICAA program files are installed to C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\ICAA.
- By default, the ICAA data directory is created at one of the following locations:
- Single-user: C:\Program Files(x86)\IBM\ICAA\Data.
- Multi-user: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\IBM\Notes\Data
If you have a Notes 9.x or later client installed, ICAA uses the Notes client data directory rather than the ICAA data directory.
What to do next
To use Notes applications that require a Java Virtual Machine (JVM), make sure that a JVM is installed and that ICAA is configured to use it. For more information, see Installing and configuring a JVM.
To start ICAA, double-click its icon on the Desktop. If this is the first time using it, complete the configuration wizard.