ICAA Installing on Mac OS
Follow these steps to install IBM® Client Application Access (ICAA) on Mac OS if the installation isn’t done for you.
Before you begin
Read the topic Dual client installation scenarios.
About this task
- If you are an IBM SmartCloud® Notes user and have an earlier version of ICAA installed, the Auto Update Service upgrades ICAA for you and you can skip this procedure. For more information about the Auto Update Service, see Upgrading with the Auto Update Service on Mac OS (cloud users).
- The installation requires administrator account access to your computer.
By default, this is the multi-user installation; this will always install a multi-user version of IBM Client Application Access.
- IBM Client Application Access Installer.pkg does not contain a JVM or spelling checker – the operating system spell check engine and JVM installed on the system are used.
- Packages are packed into IBM Client Application Access Installer.pkg, so you simply need to run IBM Client Application Access Installer.pkg and accept the License agreement. The remainder of the installation is done in the default path as follows:
- Program Directory: /Applications/IBM Client Application Access
- Data Directory: /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Application Support/IBM Notes Data
- Notes Preferences location: /Users/USER_NAME/Library/Preferences
If you have an IBM Notes client installed, ICAA uses the existing Notes client data directory and Notes Preferences file.
- Attachment viewing is not supported. The attachment viewer is not included with the installation package.
What to do next
To start ICAA, double-click its icon on the Desktop. If this is the first time you are using it, complete the configuration wizard.