It’s the Office you know, plus tools to help you work better together, so you can get more done — anytime, anywhere.
Making IT Easy to Get Things Done
is tied to your AD Account Single Logon Name with the Information Technology Department. There are 2 types of License available, please read about these below. Each license includes access to the online versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote for all employees and officers of The Salvation Army US Southern Territory.
What is Office 365?
License Types and Services?
All users with AD accounts in the territory are licensed for at least O365 – E1 (Default) which provides access to the online versions of the Microsoft Office Suite and other online services like Microsoft Sway, Delve, Yammer, OneNote, and the OneDrive for Business sync client at no cost.
To take advantage of the any of the additional features below, including those listed in E1, your AD Account must be licensed for O365 – E3 (ProPlus) through the IT Dept:
- The latest version of Microsoft Office ProPlus on up to 5 Windows or 5 Macs and 5 tablet or smartphone devices.
- Access to Desktop Versions and full mobile versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Teams, Publisher*, Access* and Outlook.
- This is the best value considering the amount of Integration of Office 365 and OneDrive into the latest Office on the desktop/laptop.
- Skype for Business Video conferencing and collaboration
- Microsoft Teams (Beta)
- Microsoft Tasks (Beta)
*Microsoft Publisher and Access are currently only available on Windows, not Mac or Online.
Administrative Office users and officers are to be licensed for version E3 of Office 365 to give access to the latest version of the Office Productivity Suite on the work computer and other devices. This version has a low monthly subscription cost and is billed through Information Technology. Shared computers are an exception and those users may continue to use E1 if the location chooses.
How Do I Get A License?
Administrative Office Users and Officers should be Licensed for version E3 of Office 365 to give them access to the latest version of the Office Productivity Suite on your Work Computer and other devices. This version has a low monthly subscription cost of $4.50 per user per month and is billed annually through Information Technology.
You can view your current license subscription available to you in the Office 365 Portal at http://office.sauss.net.
Sign in using your AD Single Logon Name and Password, then choose Settings in the Top Right Corner.
Then Choose Office 365 Settings and Subscriptions on the left.
How Do I Get Around in Office 365?
- Sign in to Office 365 at office.sauss.net. (Use your AD Single Logon Name)
- Additional Sites to Access Office 365: onedrive.sauss.net | skype.sauss.net
- Click (or tap) the app launcher in the upper-left corner of your browser window, and then choose a tile. The tiles you see in your app launcher depend on your Office 365 subscription. For more details, see Meet the Office 365 app launcher.
|As a business user…|
|Your app launcher probably looks like this:
TIP: Take your Office apps for a test drive! Try Office 365 scenario-based training.
What About Email?
What If I Need Help?
|If you’re using Office 365 at home…||If you’re using Office 365 at work
|Troubleshoot installing Office 365||Troubleshoot installing Office with Office 365|
to up to 1 Terabyte of online work file storage and backup. This replaces all other cloud file sharing solutions like DropBox, Google Drive, and Box.net for your online storage and large file transfer needs.
This is implemented by IT with automatic folder redirection for your work Windows Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos. Items in OneDrive for Business are private to the owner of the account. The owner may share items or folders on a limited basis with a small number of people.
Note: Group and Departmental sharing is coming in the future with Office 365 SharePoint!